Argument Description name The name/id of the achievement. value The value to be sent as an increment.
Games can have achievements with no completion value and so you can use this function to increment those achievement by a given amount. On Android, you send the ID of the achievement as a string (this is the unique achievement ID that got assigned when you set up the achievement), while on all other platforms you supply the defined achievement name as a string, and then you give the actual achievement value to increment by.
The function will trigger a Social Asynchronous Event where the returned async_load DS map will have the following key/value pairs:
- "type" - This is the type of event that has been fired, which will be the string "achievement_increment_result" for this function.
- "id" - This is the ID of the event, and, for this function, it will return a GML constant GooglePlayServices_EVENT_ID_INCREMENT_ACHIEVEMENT.
- "achievement_id" - This is the unique ID of achievement that has been incremented.
- "status" - This will be 1 if the achievement was incremented successfully, or 0 if the request failed
- "complete" - This will be 1 if the achievement has been completed by this increment, or 0 if the request failed
The above code adds the current player score to the achievement with the ID stored in the global array.